Friday, October 25, 2013

Dogs and Crap (Day 22)


Schedule

10:00 - 10:50 Organic chemistry lecture
1:00 - 2:15 Neuroanatomy laboratory
3:30 - 5:30 Work

I asked a question after lecture, and my professor told me it was a good one! I was pathetically ecstatic for the rest of the morning. I think I am part dog. You know, like the one that freaks out with uncontainable excitement when you so much as glance in their direction? 


Hmm... 
I feel as though I am being watched.
[Look down]
Dog:OHMYGOSH!HI!ILOVEYOUSOMUCH.
THANKYOUFORLOOKINGATME.
[Wag tail]
[Spin around] 
[Raise paw]
[Wag tail]

Yup. Moving on...

At work, I was recently asked to help the pathology peeps with slide labels... Be sure to read the following as if it was soaked in sarcasm solution for at least 24 hours.


[Typing]
[Doctor walks in]
Dr. H: Well, hello there! What are you up to today?
Me: Just working on slide labels... It's just so intellectually stimulating, you know?
Dr. H: It really is, isn't it?! Keep this up and we may promote you to taking out the trash!

I love my job. We give each other so much crap. Not too long ago, I did the same...

Coworker: Sam! Check out the yeast in the microscope!
Me: COOL!
[Scramble out of chair to race to the microscope]
[Look in microscope]
Huh...
Me: Yeah, not as cool now that I get to look at brain tissue in neuroanatomy lab.
Dr. H: Yeah, that is the problem with education... It is getting harder to impress you.

Oh, Dr. H. You will always be a badass to me. Next time, find something cooler than a unicellular organism, and it will all be just fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment