Wednesday, October 16, 2013

BRAINZZZZZZZZ.... and Other Stuff (Day 15)

Schedule

10:00-10:50 Organic chemistry lecture
1:00-2:30 Neuroanatomy lab
2:45-4:45 Work
5:00-6:00 Psychopharmacology review session

Today was awesome for three reasons:
1. I ignored my pride and asked a question after class. Seriously, one of the best little tidbits of advice for anyone in school is to clarify confusions as soon as you realize you did not understand a concept. In the past...

[Unsettling feeling]
Crap.
[Realizes confusion]
Um. Um. Um.
[Dismisses with a wave of the hand]
I'll look it up later.

Don't do this. If you, like me, play host to the leech otherwise known as procrastination, you will not attempt to purge this confusion until the day before the next exam. It is not as much fun as leaving a lecture knowing that you truly comprehended every topic (yes, my definition of fun may need some calibration).

2. We got to dissect sheep brains in neuroanatomy labs!

Disclaimer: All of the sheep lived long, happy lives frolicking in fields with sparrows and butterflies. They died of old age surrounded by loved ones, and they were kind enough to donate their organs in the name of science.

Superior/Dorsal View

Inferior/Ventral View


3. I almost beat my fastest 5K time! I missed it by one second! I blame my running partner; she has been a little sluggish as of late.

Stella!



No comments:

Post a Comment