Monday, September 2, 2013

DFTBA

As I was feeling a little under the weather today, I decided to spend the day browsing the endless entertainment of YouTube. This decision was guilt-ridden, and I will borrow J.R.R. Tolkien's creepy, yet endearing character, Smeagol/Gollum, to express my inner turmoil.

Camera Angle 1: You watched baby hedgehog videos all day, didn't you? Didn't you, Precious?!

Camera Angle 2: No! *choke up phlegm* We swears!

No, I did not watch baby hedgehog videos all day... That was so last week. 


Warning: By watching this video,
 you are in danger of a cuteness overdose.

Instead, I watched some videos by the wonderfully awesome Vlog Brothers, otherwise known as John and Hank Green. I was introduced to these guys by my brother, his girlfriend, and their roommate during my latest trip to New York. They were repeatedly throwing around words like "vlog" and "nerdfighter", using "DFTBA" as their catch phrase, and flashing some pretty odd gang signs. I could explain all of this, but I will let these guys tell you for themselves.


Puppy-sized elephants?

Shortly after, I decided to read John Green's book, The Fault in Our Stars, and watch Hank Green's The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. After obsessing over both of these works of genius, I decided that I could resist their pull no longer. I am a proud nerdfighter. DFTBA


Tangential Note

As much as I love using videos on my blog, I am in the process of battling an irrational fear that these will be removed from the host site in the future. 

Imagine this: a poor unsuspecting reader (or spam site) will come across my post. To their dismay, they encounter a message reading, "This video was removed by the user." I know, the horror is overwhelming. 

It is similar to the feeling experienced when you have something stuck in your teeth but no one tells you about it... So, be cool and just hit the feedback button (located somewhere around here) if these videos are taken off YouTube. Nerdfighter out.

No comments:

Post a Comment