Monday, August 26, 2013

Bienvenue!

I have attempted to blog in the past, though not as frequently as the obscene number of times I have tried to journal. The idea of a journal is wonderful; vent your frustrations, outline your goals, and record daily life events that would otherwise be lost after the passage of time. With each attempt, I am reminded of the many issues I have with this practice. First, I am a very impatient person. It is not my only flaw by any means, but journaling frequently reminds me of its presence. I cannot write anything quickly enough. This may be remedied by taking a typing class but that is another story. This leads to the second reason. There is simply too much to record; I want to write down everything. How can I write about living when the act of writing limits my time to live? I suppose, like most things in life, it comes down to moderation. My all-or-nothing personality is not a fan of this mystical "moderation" nor its friend "balance", but I have learned that it is, without a doubt, worth pursuing. Finally, I believe that some things should not be immortalized. Though one of the benefits of journaling is, as listed above, the ability to articulate grievances, it is also one of its flaws. It may be therapeutic, but I must confess that I generally have no desire to read past rants. Therefore, if I come upon the need to do so, I will simply write on paper and burn it, to satisfy my inner pyromaniac, when completed.

So, how is blogging different? It is public. Hello! Welcome to my thoughts! It is considerably more fun to write when you know someone will (maybe?) read it. As a blogger, opposed to a journal-writer-person, I know the above issues will be irrelevant. I am not attempting to transcribe my life nor use the unsuspecting users of the Internet as free psychologists (though I recognize that is not the intent of most journal-writer-people). I simply want to record interesting events, lessons, and introspections... and share them with anyone who wants to read. Bienvenue!



1 comment:

  1. Burn rants burn! I would say you should collect the rants and burn them on a Darth Vader funeral pyre but by collecting them, you may have accidentally made a journal...

    ReplyDelete